Monday, March 26, 2012

What's for Supper?

I sat down to make a meal list last week and realized I was tired of my go to meals and wanted to branch out. I got an email from allrecipes.com (I highly recommend playing around on this site, I love it) featuring a recipe for garlic cheddar chicken. Last night I made it and I was so impressed. The flavor was amazing and the chicken was super moist. I even got to use the garlic mincer that was a gift from my wedding for the first time! I love reading the reviews because people make good comments/changes. Here is a stock pic of the chicken, I forgot to take a picture yesterday:
I used Italian bread crumbs so I didn't have to add all the different seasonings. I also had almost gone bags of harvest cheddar sun chips and cheddar ruffles so I crushed those up and added to the mix. That's the beauty of the recipe, you could add anything you have. I paired it with mashed potatoes, but wasn't totally sold on that. I'm not sure what would be better, let me know if you use something different!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds really good! I bet rice pilaf or red potatoes and roasted vegetables would rock on this one.

Good job using up bits of pantry stuff.