Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Well, the Easter Bunny came late last night and brought lots of goodies for the girls. The dresses are from my mom, but I thought it'd be cute to set them out with the baskets:
They enjoyed looking through their baskets and finding all the fun stuff:
It doesn't take much to please the little one:

We got dressed for church and headed out. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get them to hold still for a picture. I should've thought to have them go on the steps like the good old days! Oh well, maybe next year:




Here's outside our church building:



Lindsey enjoyed the peanut butter cups a little too much, yes she has some on her forehead:
We were going to have our egg hunt on Saturday, but decided to go to the beach instead so we did it after supper:


Their egg counts seem a little off but Lindsey doesn't seem to mind. She's just happy she got one more reese's! (finally they are holding still and actually looking at the camera when they are casual clothes and hair is all disheveled)
Although I had a very hard time being so far away from family today, it was a very spiritually uplifting day. I felt the love of my Savior the entire day and I'm so grateful for the support that I feel constantly. My faith has never been so tested like it has in the last few months, but I'm seeing how we can benefit through trials. I'm learning to appreciate some of the smallest things in life. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend filled with love, family, friends, and happiness!

3 comments:

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

Love all the pics!

RH said...

I know exactly what you mean when it comes to the little things. I know that being apart from your family only makes you realize how very important and special they are. The girls are so adorable and they looked like they had so much fun with their goodies!!

Jen said...

I guess when your little family is all you've got, then you would naturally notice small blessings more. I appreciated your words; they made me think (and cry). I love you and I hope the time when we're back together again is sooner rather than later.