Thursday, May 9, 2013

Disneyland: Characters

When we moved down here, I told Ty that we couldn't leave until he took us to Disneyland. Well, since we decided to move to Utah for the summer, he pulled through. I have never been to Disneyland and have always wanted to go. It seemed a shame to not go while we live so close.
Be prepared for picture overload. I seriously took over 400 pictures while we were there. (I like our new camera too much!) I decided to break down my posts, so today you get to see all the characters we saw. It was the main thing we did and was most important to the girls.
Here they are ready to go bright and early:
 Then fell asleep on the way there:
 Getting close...


 Here was what most of our day consisted of...waiting in lines. Luckily I was prepared with snacks and games on my phone. :-) (the waiting was worth it)
All the workers were one of my favorite part of Disneyland. My girls are VERY shy when they meet new people, and to be honest, I was worried they wouldn't get pictures with any characters. Luckily this guy broke the ice:
The Fantasy Faire was the first thing we went to. This guy pulled the girls into him, talked to them on their level and talked to them like they were princesses.

 He was so animated and awesome. He told them what was going to happen and then personally walked them all the way in to see Cinderella. I was so grateful! The girls went to every character just fine. Lindsey ran to most of them
 Cinderella:

 Ariel:
 Sleeping Beauty:
 (side note: later in the week I was talking to my sister about how pretty Aurora was and that she looked like the cartoon Sleeping Beauty. Whitney responded, "mom, that was the real Sleeping Beauty." Oh the magic! :-)

Belle:
We then headed to Pixie Hollow to meet Tinker Bell:

 Ever since we went, Silvermist is her favorite fairy:

Tink:


Snow White was my favorite princess to see. Lindsey ran up to her AS SOON as the little girl in front of us was done.
 Don't you love her princess hands:
She sat and talked to them for quite awhile.
 Lindsey adored her and she returned the love:

 Lips red as the rose:
 Next up was meeting Merida. Once again the worker while we waited was hilarious and engaging.
 Spunky Merida. She definitely has her stance and attitude down:


Sadly we didn't have time to meet Rapunzel or Tiana. Luckily they were both in the parade so we saw them later:
 Minnie Mouse:
And of course we couldn't go without meeting Micky Mouse. I may or may not have teared up a bit when we walked in the room :-)

Stay tuned soon for more Disney recaps soon!

3 comments:

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

LOVE the pics...keep them coming!

Jen said...

K, I wasn't jealous till I saw Merida.

SO happy you got to go and that your girls have those special memories. Good timing on the nice camera.

RH said...

How awesome! Disneyland is a magical place! lol I love how the girls were hugging the princesses like they were family. So sweet. I'm so glad you guys got to go. I really need to take my boys! Can't wait for more photos!