Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Feast

Last Thanksgiving, we stayed in California and had dinner as our little family. This year was quite different. We had 7 people and 2 dogs come to visit, Ty's two sisters and one of mine. Needless to say, it was a full house around here! Luckily we had enough room to cram house everyone. With everyone traveling in from out of state, I didn't really have anyone cook anything. I was pretty nervous about how everything turned out, but luckily it went well and at the end of the day everyone was full and happy.  

Here's proof we cooked it all and didn't just get it from Boston Market: 

 The one thing we imported from Utah was a Norbest turkey roast from Moroni. If you haven't tried one, you should. They are easy to cook and taste amazing! I know the turkey doesn't look that appetizing. I cooked it breast side down, it makes it super moist! I was going to flip it over to crisp the top skin, but by the time I went to, it was falling off the bone.
Pretty good spread, I thought:

I was too frazzled by the end of the day to take a picture of our 5 pies, but my sister managed to snap a pic of the white chocolate pumpkin cupcakes
Here's all of us:
It was crazy stressful, but I know some tips if I ever host again. It was great to have family here and the girls were so thrilled. Oh and here's one last pic of our gratitude tree:
What a wonderful fall we've had!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wonderful! So impressed. Love ya!