Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mint Oreo "Truffles"

For our neighbor gifts this year, I included mint Oreo truffles. I got a lot of compliments on them, so I thought I'd share. My sister doesn't really consider them truffles, so that's why I included parentheses in the title. I had made these regular Oreo truffles a lot. And I had seen this idea on six sisters. I tried the mint Oreos this fall and fell in love with them, so I decided to use them in a truffle.

Crush the package of Oreos, it's easiest for me in the food processor:
The finer the better:
Mix one 8 oz package of softened cream cheese with the crushed Oreos
Roll them into about one inch balls and refrigerate
Melt the chocolate (I used Andes mint baking chips because I like the extra mint) you can use chocolate baking chips, white chocolate, or whatever else you want
I use a double broiler because it's easiest for me.
Dip the balls in the chocolate and put sprinkles on (if you're using them) immediately
You can also drizzle chocolate on later.
I usually am pretty messy, but you can always break the excess chocolate off.

Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 package mint oreos, crushed
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
2 bags chocolate chips/baking chips
sprinkles for decorations

Directions:
Mix oreos and cream cheese. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet covered with wax paper and refrigerate until firm. Melt chocolate and dip balls into chocolate and decorate with sprinkles/desired topping. Return to baking sheet and store in the refrigerator.

Next I think I'll try the peanut butter Oreos and see how they taste as truffles!

No comments: