Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Warm Weekend

This weekend was an adventure! On Friday I decided I needed new clothes because I don't have any. lol So, we went to South Towne Mall and I spent too much money, but I got some great deals. Growing up we ALWAYS had new clothes for church on Easter! So I just couldn't not wear something new. We headed down to Mount Pleasant at about 8:30 and I drove! It's my first time driving in the dark and I did pretty good. Luckily Husband has really good eyesight and would warn me about upcoming deer.

Bright and early on Saturday Morning we left for St. George with my MIL, 2 BILs, and their wives and 2 nephews and 1 niece. We sat in the back for the three hour trip down and all I have to say is that I'm lucky I didn't eat anything for breakfast because I wouldn't have been able to keep it down!

Anyway, we got down there about 3 hours before we could check in so what did we do? Ate and the boys went to the driving range and the girls went shopping again lol. The weather was so nice! It was perfect. Not too hot but not cold at all! Finally we checked into the hotel and we got ready for my Grandpa-in-law's 90th birthday party. He's the cutest old man. He always hugs me and is so sweet. We got pictures taken with MIL's whole family and Grandpa. Of course I dropped our camera and now it only works half the time. I'll post the one picture I got later.

On Sunday morning we stopped and got gas for the trip home and my BIL spilled gasoline on his nice church shirt. lol so of course we had to stop at Wal-mart and get him a non-stinky shirt. We had family breakfast at Husband's aunt's house and the kids got to have an egg hunt. We went to church at the assisted living home where grandpa lives so that was cute. They just have a tiny branch there. It was only like 45 min long.

After that we said our goodbyes and made the trek home. We finally got to my mom's at about 5pm but it was good to see my family. That's the hardest part about being married is sharing time for both families on holidays. I miss my family so much when I'm away from them on a special occasion. But I'm sure it'll get easier.

Anyway, sorry this is such a long post! I guess I should probably do some work now, since I'm being paid to be here! lol ttfn

No comments: