Monday, September 16, 2013

I love my church

As most of you know I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or LDS or Mormon. I just want to express my feelings about it. Of course it's great for my spirituality and knowledge, but it's so much more than that. Recently we moved across state lines to a place where we literally knew no one. Before we left Utah we called our new ward and told them we were moving in. We had 8 people there to unload the truck and they got it done in under an hour. It's just so comforting to know we aren't alone.
On Saturday we had a Relief Society breakfast on Saturday. As I sat there among all the women in the ward, I just felt so grateful. I'm not someone who thrives in social situations. If I know and feel comfortable, I can talk your ear off; but if I don't, I'm pretty shy and quiet. I wouldn't be the type of person to just get to know my neighbors for the fun of it, I'd rather keep to myself. I'm glad the church gives me the opportunity to befriend and get to know people.
Those are just two of the advantages of being a member. I just have felt so blessed lately and needed to vocalize my gratitude! Let me know if you want to know more, I know a couple of young men who would love to talk to you about what we believe.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I really had to go outside my comfort zone with this move. It was hard but I have been blessed for it. Thanks for sharing your testimony. You're a wonderful example to me.